Deputy Commissioner of Policy #JC-143382CA Department of Business Oversight
Los Angeles, CA Full-time
Posted on February 8, 2019
CA Department of Business Oversight Deputy Commissioner of Policy
The Department of Business Oversight has an Executive Assignment position open for Deputy Commissioner of Policy (salary depends on experience).
In addition to evaluating each candidate's relative ability, as demonstrated by quality and breadth of experience, the following factors will provide the basis for competitively evaluating each candidate:
- Knowledge of the Department's organization, mission, and statutory framework and licensees.
- Demonstrated experience in high-level administration and policy influencing expertise.
- Knowledge of organization and functions of California government, including trends of public administration, organization, and management; techniques of organizing and motivating groups; and program development and evaluation.
- Knowledge of administrative problem solving methods; principles and practices of policy formulation and development; and personnel management techniques.
- Communication, leadership and management expertise in policy and strategic planning, demonstrating innovation and independence of action in decision making.
The State of California offers many benefits with employment such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and employee pension managed by the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS).