Staff AttorneyCentro CHA, Inc.
Centro Community Hispanic Association – Long Beach (Centro CHA Inc.), is the city’s largest BIA legal services organization for Latinos. Founded in 1992 as a community social services and legal center, serves more than 5,000 individuals every year. Through direct legal services, workforce development, advocacy, civic leadership development, and promoting safe places for youth and families to live, work, play and thrive. Centro CHA - focuses on the most vulnerable members of Latino communities while also building a strong voice for civic engagement, economic development and social justice.
The staff attorney is a full-time position working in the Centro CHA office in Long Beach under the supervision of the Director. The staff attorney will work directly on complex naturalization cases, provide technical support and organizations on naturalization, and support evening and weekend citizenship special event workshops.
* Provide direct application assistance citizenship cases;
* Provide legal review and technical assistance for Los Angeles partner agencies;
* Undertake administrative and logistical duties related to direct application assistance, legal review, technical assistance and/or the coordination of workshops and clinics;
* Maintain an active caseload to meet project deliverables
* 1-3 years’ immigration law experience and active membership in a State Bar;
* Experience assisting immigrant, limited English speaking and/or low-income clients;
* Experience or familiarity with Latino Immigrant community preferred;
* Excellent organizational skills;
* Bilingual fluency in Spanish strongly preferred;
* Availability and willingness to regularly travel within the county and state;
* Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends; and
* Valid driver’s license, liability insurance, and access to an automobile or alternative transportation.
Salary: $53,500-$58,500; plus benefit package includes paid medical, dental, vision insurance, parking provided.
No telephone calls please.
For more Information about Centro CHA go to www.CentroCHA.org