Chemtrusion, Inc. is hiring Material Handlers.
Location: Jeffersonville, IN
The Material Handler supports the production of plastic compounds by performing material handling tasks according to prescribed methods and criteria. A Warehouse Assistant will routinely destage finished goods material from the production area, inspect packaged material for shipment, prepare labels and load trucks with finished goods material, and assist other personnel with respect to plant housekeeping duties.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Essential tasks performed by the Warehouse Assistant include but are not limited to:
- Inspecting and preparing packages of finished goods for shipment by staging the materials in the proper location using documented procedures and other instructions provided by management.
- Conducting a review of bill of lading documents to ensure accurate verification of packages to be shipped.
- Performing tasks in a manner that ensures compliance with all safety, environmental, product quality, and plant performance criteria.
- Properly documenting operational activity according to established procedures and other instructions provided by management.
- The employee must maintain awareness of (and perform tasks in compliance with) all internal policies, procedures and practices, as described in the Handbook for Employees, all Safety and Environmental Manuals, and all applicable OSHA, EPA and IDEM regulations, and other instructions provided by management.
- The employee must identify and report the following to management: equipment defects or malfunctions, suspect or damaged material, material spills, issues related to the operation, maintenance and inspection of forklifts or other material handling equipment, and safety, environmental and quality incidents.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Produce acceptable scores on the following ACT Work Keys tests: Applied Mathematics, Graphic Literacy, and Workplace Documents.
- Preferred Candidates should have prior work history in a warehousing environment and have strong inventory management and forklift skills.
Job offer will be conditional upon a satisfactory background check, drug test and employment entrance exam (medical exam).
Chemtrusion, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants regardless of disabilities.