Senior Tax Staff Accountant #20190401KBF CPAs LLP
KBF CPAs LLP
Senior Tax Staff Accountant
Senior Tax Staff Accountant, KBF CPAs LLP, Irvine, CA.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Provide range of accounting services, research, and advice to Manager and Partner-level Certified Public Accountants (CPAs). Identify, research, and resolve tax issues. Prepare, analyze and review complex corporate, tax returns. Prepare, analyze and review corporate income tax provisions. Assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards, rules, regulations; code of conduct of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA); and Internal Revenue Code (IRC) sections and regulations. Research tax and accounting issues and report findings to management; keep abreast of developments in tax law and practice, maintaining deep technical accounting expertise regarding IRC and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Prepare correspondence, and other documents for submission to Internal Revenue Service (IRS) or Treasury Department. Meet with Staff Accountants, Managers and Partners about status, timeline, issues, and progress of services for clients; develop and manage client relationships. Mentor 1-2 Tax Interns and Tax Staff Accountants and facilitate proficiency in tax research and documentation, including ASC 740 financial accounting and reporting standards for corporate income taxes, and tax law changes; review staff work before submission to management for top-level review; assume responsibility for completion and/or review of complete tax returns for large corporate clients, for final review by Manager or Partner.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration with concentration in Accounting, Finance, or a financial discipline directly related to the position (foreign equivalent accepted);
2 years' experience as a Tax Intern, Tax Staff Accountant, or similar position.
Two years' experience in each of the following
1. Preparing income tax returns using Tax Compliance Software utilizing the following advanced Microsoft Excel tools: VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, SUMIFS, Pivot Tables, and INDEX+MATCH to prepare income tax provision and compliance work papers
2. Preparing income tax return work papers in accordance with U.S. Federal, State, and Local income tax laws
3. Utilizing CCH Intelliconnect and RIA Checkpoint (research tools), GAAP literature, and guidance from Global accounting firms to resolve tax issues;
4. Developing and maintaining client relationship; meeting project deadlines to ensure delivery of work product based on statutory and client deadlines.
5. Communicating with Team regarding project status, timeline, and issues; track progress of project within set budget.
One year experience in the following:
6. Preparing and reviewing corporate income tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740 and other guidance under U.S. GAAP
All experience, skills and requirements may be gained concurrently.
Ref. Job# 20190401 SNASR.