Data Entry RepresentativeLos Angeles Times
Act as the System Representative for Circulation System Operations. Responsible for performing data entry work using a computer and appropriate software, entering, updating, reviewing, researching, verifying and/or retrieving data into/from various systems, and ensuring the accuracy and confidentiality of information recorded. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Accurately enter Subscriber data into DSI while maintaining data entry requirements by adhering to data program techniques and procedures.
- Maintains, reviews and processes Subscriber information into DSI via queues by interrogating data for deficiencies; resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures before processing.
- Responsible for posting and interrogating Mather price increase files weekly, Estimated customers 156,000 annually with a revenue impact of $174,000.
- Maintains both internal and external customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed to attain company goals.
- Recommends process improvement techniques to System Operations Manager for continued best practices approach.
- Escalates any system issues and department challenges to System Operations Manager and make recommendations of potential solutions.
- Understand the importance of PCI compliance and act to ensure PCI compliance is maintained.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong data processing skills – typing skills of 40 wpm and 10 key by touch.
- Must be able to operate a personal computer and be proficient at using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- The individual must be detail orientated, and possess the ability to follow the flow of business transactions.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and have time management skills.
- Must possess the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve various inquiries as needed.
- The individual should also possess excellent interpersonal and verbal communication in order to interact with internal and external customers.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule with rotation weekend hours and holidays.