Director, EntertainmentLos Angeles Times
EL Segundo, CA Full-time
Posted on November 26, 2018
Seeking a leader who will lead a team of entertainment category sales people based in Los Angeles and New York while developing and executing key sales growth strategies, tactics and plans.
- Will take the lead in crafting and deploying the LA Times’ entertainment division’s multi-platform approach to revenue generation: selling programmatic, digital O&O, audio, custom content, print, experiential activations and creative services.
- Leads development, communication and implementation of sales strategy for the company around the entertainment category.
- Establishes sales strategies and tactics to ensure subordinates receive sales goals and strategies required to drive profitable revenue growth.
- Leverages CRM tools to build territory plans, manage opportunities, and maintain accurate forecasting and reporting.
- Generates sales proposals for distribution to prospects.
- Identify sales growth opportunities, analyzing market conditions, and partners with local sales management teams and representatives to develop and implement innovative action plans.
- Effectively communicates the partnership and product value proposition through proposals and presentations.
- Builds and maintains strong, top to top customer relationships through attending related community events and business meetings to engage with key stakeholders and decision makers.
- Leads collaboration and work with HR business partners to recruit sophisticated sales sellers focused on sales revenue growth.
- Understands category-specific landscapes and trends, reporting on the forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts.
- Own recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales team.
- Trains, coaches and mentors people. Ensures subordinates support related initiatives for their employees in accordance with company personnel management policies.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Lead a team of entertainment category sales people based in Los Angeles and New York.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business with ten+ years sales experience and a minimum of five+ years’ experience managing a sales team required.
- Strategic sales capabilities that include a high comfort level communicating with all levels of prospective customers within an organization, balanced with tactical skills for a fast-paced sales environment.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from strategy to close; develop client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions.
- Must possess excellent oral, written and communication skills as well as strong negotiation, relationship- building and influencing skills.
- Digital first acumen.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, creative and analytical.
- Ability to multi-task with strong time and project management skills.
- Responsible for developing and executing key sales growth strategies, tactics and plans required to achieve financial targets and increase sales of products for the company.
- Builds strong relationships to ensure customer needs are achieved by nurturing business relationships and leading issue resolution reviews - with both internal and external partners.
- Experience utilizing CRM to manage the performance of direct reports.
- Ability to become proficient in new technologies to efficiently manage business processes.
- Requires a valid driver’s license; travel may be required.