Events Sponsorship ManagerLos Angeles Times
The Los Angeles Times Events team produces over 90 market-leading events annually. Projects include the largest literary and arts festival in the US or Canada, Los Angeles Times Festival of Books, nationally-recognized culinary events like Los Angeles Times The Taste, Jonathan Gold’s Gold List and the city-wide Los Angeles Times Food Bowl, the half-day conference format Los Angeles Times Summits, the thought-leadership Ideas Exchange series and dozens of screening and Q & A events featuring major talent from Oscar-caliber films to independent films. The Times’ events roster is the largest and most diverse of any news-based organization in the country.
The Times’ events roster delivers over 300,000 cumulative attendees annually with a qualitative profile that is untouched. Median household income for Times’ event attendees exceeds $100,000 and college graduation rates are routinely 85%+, including 38% graduate degree rate for attendees of the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books.
The Times’ Events team is a group of creative, flexible, passionate, solution-oriented and team-minded individuals united in a cause to produce nothing short of greatness.
The Events Sponsorship Manager will provide complete oversight of all aspects of sponsorship execution and activation within Los Angeles Times events, including advance logistics communication, execution of permits and permissions, securing of physical needs and on-site execution. The Sponsorship Manager will work directly under the Associate Director of Events, Sponsorship to ensure that activation programs sold to sponsors of Los Angeles Times events are executed expertly and as envisioned by the sponsor. In addition, the Sponsorship Manager will be expected to creatively contribute to the ideation phase of sponsorship pitches.
- Complete oversight of the sponsorship execution aspects of Los Angeles Times events, from pitch phase through execution phase, including advance logistics communication, execution of permits and permissions, securing of physical needs and access, and on-site installation and execution, to ensure that all contracted deliverables owed to sponsors are executed in an industry-leading manner
- Professional and collaborative communication with Los Angeles Times events general production partners, to ensure successful sponsor executions that operate seamlessly within the framework of the general event in question
- Provide general support for the Associate Director of Events, Sponsorship to ensure that all client pitches and proposals are presented in a manner that inspires client confidence
- Collect and explain insights and best business practices for key categories to team members, sales managers and sales representatives leading to more persuasive position for our products and brands within assigned categories.
- Present ROI and promotional recaps to sales staff and clients at end of each sold program to ensure retention of current business
- Research new and existing clients for sponsorship prospects. Anticipate client needs. Prepare research to inform and educate prospects on strategic insights which can be applied to the sponsorship opportunity
- Responsible for creating cohesive branded deck templates, evaluating and valuing sponsorship levels and pricing. Assist in writing customized activation concepts for sponsorships
- Monitor event industry trends and make recommendations to keep events team positioned as a leader in the industry and market.
- Work collaboratively with the members of the Los Angeles Times Advertising team, and with the revenue-producing personnel within the Los Angeles Times Events team, to ensure maximum sponsor opportunities and satisfaction
- Contribution to the overall strategy and positive trajectory of the Los Angeles Times Events department on an ongoing basis, working cooperatively with teammates to craft the most compelling and well-executed roster of events in our industry
- College degree preferred in marketing, communications, hospitality or business-related field
- Minimum three years demonstrated experience and competence in complete project management of sponsorship executions with budgets exceeding $100,000
- Minimum three years demonstrated experience with successfully integrating sponsor needs and execution with a high degree of difficulty into major events
- Experience within a major media or public relations company preferred
- Proven team leader with results-oriented focus
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication & presentation skills
- Must be effective at multi-tasking and have exceptional time-management skills
- Must have a positive, proactive attitude and be driven to optimize results for clients and partners
- Must be able to work non-traditional hours
- Strong network of activation-related contacts is preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) not mandatory, but considered as a plus