Learning SpecialistLos Angeles Times
The HR Team at California Times is entering an exciting phase, as we innovate and create new policies, procedures and systems to meet the evolving needs of our newly independent organization. In this newly created role, you will plan, design and oversee development of learning content and support the daily learning and development functions of all the California Times businesses, including the LA Times, San Diego Union-Tribune and others.
The Learning & Development Specialist is responsible for:
- Works with organizational and functional leaders to support company goals using online learning, instructor led or other training methodologies.
- Works across the businesses to develop and curate online training material - coordinates, writes and edits content.
- Accountable for creating courses and assigning curricula in the Learning Management System (LMS), ensuring that they are deployed accurately.
- Evaluates and confirms learning objectives through ongoing needs assessments.
- Performs design, development, execution and evaluation of courses and learning objects.
- Ensures the Learning Management System (LMS) supports performance and quality of the e-Learning product.
- Supports the configuration and overall functionality of the LMS.
- Works with outside vendors to evaluate new products and processes that will enhance the CalTimes Learning offering.
- Works with business partners to identify and create company, role or functional based training curricula.
- Creates training courses and curricula and enters that information in the LMS. Ensures up-to-date courses, revision management and user updates are correct.
- Generates reports and troubleshoots user problems with the LMS, eLearning courses, or curriculum.
- Leading engaging and impactful classes, workshops and study groups for staff and leaders, both in person and online.
- Confidently facilitates group discussions, team exercises, and lectures while connecting concepts to real world situations.
- Collaborates with the content and LMS vendors and internally to create engaging learning experiences that support employee and leadership development and company growth.
- Orders, organizes and maintains materials needed to host training sessions.
- Coordinates scheduling and attendee list for instructor led classes.
- Works collaboratively with other departments.
- Bachelors in Education, Human Resources, Information Systems, Training, Instructional Technology, Instructional Systems Design or Instructional Design or equivalent.
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems creating curricula and making training assignments.
- MS Office applications proficiency, especially PowerPoint.
- Training delivery experience and/or demonstrated effective presentation skills.
- At least 3 years of experience in training and development role.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects at once.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience writing and editing materials for a broad audience.
- A love of learning and leadership.
- The ability to travel to our offices, mainly around Southern California.
- Proficiency in Workday Learning, LinkedIn Learning or Navex Global an advantage.