Manager, Digital Sales OperationsLos Angeles Times
The primary role of the Digital Sales Ops Manager will be to assist the Ops team in overseeing, managing, and building structures for planning, trafficking, and operations teams for their local market. The role will work closely with Sales and other internal teams to provide product expertise and general sales support for all digital offerings to meet Client business goals and objectives.
- Manage a staff responsible for sales planning, and fulfilling and monitoring digital advertising campaigns
- Act as a liaison to Sales, internal teams, partners, and 3rd party vendors
- Define sales planning and fulfillment processes, best practices and efficiencies and partner with Sales and Finance teams to ensure revenue is maximized
- Recruit, hire and train sales planning and campaign management talent
- Ensure both Ad Operations and Sales Planning teams are operating at maximum efficiency, and building and executing sales plans that meet Sales and Client needs
- Monitor all team members for appropriate communication, externally and internally, to ensure coaching is provided and DAO is represented in a professional and competent manner.
- Hold all team members accountable to Ops team standards for excellence, customer service, and execution
- Ensure collaborative team environment is promoted and encouraged.
- Stay abreast of industry issues, trends, and ad serving solutions to suggest improvements or new ad products for the California Times
- Represent team interests in new product innovations, knowledge sharing, troubleshooting, and best practice development around all things ad serving related
- Troubleshoot ad tag and ad serving errors as necessary
- Involvement in projects and other responsibilities as defined by management
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3+ years of digital operations/ planning experience; minimum of 1 year in management/ leadership role
- Strong leadership, managerial, and analytical skills; the ability to analyze situations, create and implement recommendations
- Show a high degree of self-motivation and work well within an individual and team environment
- Fluency in digital best practices
- Knowledge of Doubleclick for Publishers (DFP)
- Knowledge of comScore, Site Catalyst, and other digital marketing tools
- In-depth knowledge of digital advertising processes (knowledge of ad serving technologies and all components of ad campaigns – including ad units, banner delivery, rich media, and custom development)
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional presentation skills - creation and delivery
- Demonstrate self-direction and ability to work autonomously
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Organized, with attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Must understand business objectives and advertisers’ goals to maximize revenue and advertiser performance
Travel required: Minimum monthly trips between LA/ San Diego or other community office locations.