Multi-Media Account ManagerLos Angeles Times
Want to work for the #1 Website in San Diego County, with over 4.4 Million Unique Users each month? Interested in representing the largest print publication in San Diego County with over 750,000 weekly Readers? Do you have the digital acumen to represent the most sophisticated digital marketing assets in all of San Diego? Then we have the job for you.
The San Diego Union-Tribune is recruiting for a Multi-Media Account Manager position, to service and take care of the Automotive Vertical in San Diego, CA.
Responsible for calling on local automotive accounts, and providing the best customer service and campaign monitoring, to help the local dealerships of San Diego County, generate the most amount of car sales possible.
- Develop new business opportunities while identifying client ad sales opportunities.
- Manages multiple accounts with a small to medium book of business. Services existing relationships and seeks new opportunities to sell deeper into our portfolio of products with the ultimate goal of growing digital and print revenue.
- Maximize revenue through consultative sales approach with ability to represent solutions across the full portfolio of the San Diego Union-Tribune.
- Foster and develop professional relationships within the community and client organizations by attending community, chamber, industry and client functions.
- Identify customer needs through pre-call planning, utilization of marketing resources, competitive analysis, and customer feedback, in order to connect meaningful media solutions across the San Diego Union-Tribune portfolio.
- Maintain adherence to internal processes and reporting to ensure that all aspects of campaign management are executed correctly.
- Utilizes extensive understanding of account base and related industries to help identify trends and patterns within specific verticals.
- Works collaboratively across the organization to build meaningful cross-platform new and existing client solutions.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications. Required to attend internal training and skill development workshops.
- Utilize support roles and resources in order to maximize sales time.
- Deliver uncompromising customer support and attention to detail.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Advertising concentration preferred) and preferred three plus years equivalent sales experience.
- Digital Agency, and IAB knowledge preferred
- Google Ad Words and Google Analytic certified preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience utilizing a CRM and Microsoft Office products to manage day to day activities.
- Ability to excel in a highly competitive environment and adaptability to a rapidly evolving media landscape.
- Effective relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated success in meeting revenue goals.
- Excellent analytical, written, oral, communication, written and presentation skills.
- Self-starter, possess high energy, creative and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task with strong time and project management skills.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.