Outside Sales RepresentativeLos Angeles Times
The Los Angeles Times Outside Sales team is seeking a highly motivated Outside Sales Rep, where you will help impact the direction of our sales organization.
Responsible for directly closing digital sales utilizing a suite of products that include award winning content sites and full digital agency services including search, social, targeted reach, video and connected TV. You will create digital campaigns that optimize to customer kpi’s in order to meet individual/team goals and the organization's business objectives. You will identify, monitor and revise lead generation plans to ensure a substantive digital sales opportunity pipeline. Your primary focus will be on aggressive development of new clients and growing existing business with important local and regional accounts.
The ideal candidate will have prior digital sales experience and has a strong knowledge of the digital revenue marketplace. In addition, this person must possess strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to build and manage relationships, both internally and externally. If you are someone who is passionate, hardworking and results-driven, then this is a great role for you.
- Develops new revenue related business opportunities while identifying digital sales opportunities
- Manages multiple local and regional accounts. Services existing relationships and seeks new opportunities to sell deeper into our portfolio of products with the ultimate goal of growing total revenue.
- Partners to drive digital sales with Publishers and Advertising Vice Presidents.
- Maximizes revenue through consultative digital sales approach with ability to represent solutions across the full portfolio of Los Angeles Times solutions.
- Fosters and develops professional relationships within the community and client organizations by attending community, chamber, industry and client functions.
- Identifies customer needs through pre call planning, utilization of marketing resources, competitive analysis, and customer feedback, in order to connect meaningful media solutions across the Tribune portfolio.
- Maintains adherence to internal processes and reporting to ensure that all aspects of campaign management are executed correctly.
- Utilizes extensive understanding of account base and related industries to help identify trends and patterns within specific verticals.
- Works collaboratively across the organization to build meaningful cross-platform new and existing client solutions.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications. Required to attend internal training and skill development workshops.
- Utilizes support roles and resources in order to maximize digital sales time.
- Delivers uncompromising customer support and attention to detail.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have at least 3+ years of sales experience and digital knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Advertising concentration preferred).
- High digital sales acumen is required.
- Working knowledge and experience utilizing a CRM and Microsoft Office products to manage day to day activities.
- Ability to excel in a highly competitive environment and adaptability to a rapidly evolving media landscape.
- Effective relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated success in meeting revenue goals.
- Excellent analytical, written, oral, communication, written and presentation skills.
- Self-starter, possess high energy, creative and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task with strong time and project management skills and financial business acumen skills.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Media and Publishing Industry knowledge preferred.
- 3+ years digital sales experience preferred.
- Travel may be necessary.