Part-Time Communications SpecialistLos Angeles Times
The California Times Group, comprising the Los Angeles Times, San Diego Union-Tribune and a range of local publications, is seeking a part-time contractor to join the Communications team as a copywriter. This position will be responsible for drafting and editing internal and external communications. Projects will include press releases, employee communications, human resources materials and variety of written materials related to company activities, administration and products.
- Research, draft and edit messaging for internal and external communications including announcements, blog posts, company policies and email communications.
- Write in a variety of styles, from conversational to technical, depending on the assignment.
- Proofreading and copy-editing to polish original and revised materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Highly organized, analytical and solution-oriented
- Strong interest in journalism and knowledge of the media industry
- Ability to think on your feet, remain flexible and adapt as needed to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); familiarity with web-based tools (CMS, database, etc.) and social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Experience with corporate communications and media relations preferred.
- Minimum three years of experience working at or with a media company, PR firm or industry-related business.