Software Engineer (Front-end)Los Angeles Times
At the Los Angeles Times and San Diego Union Tribune we have entered the next chapter and are investing in the future of journalism. Together, we are looking for a Software Engineer (Front-end) whose primary focus will be designing, building, maintaining and supporting the various front-end applications throughout the company. He/she will work collaboratively with product management, editorial, marketing and other business units to understand the requirements and strategic initiatives, ensuring the front-end applications can support and scale to the business needs.
We view our publications as the voice and inspiration for our cities, our state, the nation and the world. Join us on the Product Development team as we build a new foundation for our future.
This position will work out of our El Segundo, CA office.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain front-end applications
- Contribute to front-end architecture requirements and decisions related to frameworks, interactive UI design, and implementation
- Manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years experience of professional front-end application development
- Experience with React Native and GraphQL a plus
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to translate technology-related jargon to diverse groups of technical and non-technical users
- Excellent written communication skills with ability to develop technical documents
- Self-motivation with ability to perform quality work within deadlines and budget with or without direct supervision
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving, appropriate judgment, and decision-making skill