Inspector, First Article, Receiving, In-process and Final InspectionSkylock Industries
Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
Basic Function: To assure the quality of the products produced by subcontracted suppliers and in-house items.
Nature and Scope: The incumbent reports to the Chief Inspector on the inspections of castings, forgings, machine parts, assuring they meet drawing and specification requirements.
Responsibilities of the Incumbent:
- Assures in-house machined items conform to engineer drawings and latest revision.
- Provides first article/in-process inspection on in-house welded, processed and machined items, meeting the engineering drawing, latest revision and other pertinent specification.
- Assures that proper material is used on the products manufactured.
- Assures that proper buyoff on the traveler is complete prior releasing to the next department.
- Backup receiving inspection when time permits.
- Assures CNC program comply completely and matching with drawing and latest revision.
- Provides a minimum delay in performing first article inspection and processing of parts.
- Provides an accurate history of parts inspected for evaluation of machine shop’s performance.
- Establishes and maintains proper communication with internal department supervisors so that expected quality levels are established and maintained.
- Evaluates drawings of parts to be inspected and creates historical records, establishing acceptance quality levels for each characteristic to be inspected.
Education and/or Experience:
2 years College in the appropriate field or at least 5 years in Aerospace experience.