Quality Assurance ManagerSkylock Industries
Basic Function: To plan and manage the company's quality assurance activities to insure the manufacturer of acceptable products in compliance with the requirements of Federal, State, and customer codes and specifications.
Nature and Scope: The Incumbent reports to the President of the company and is responsible for all quality related activities. The Incumbent interfaces daily with all levels of personnel in the company's operating departments, as well as with representatives of customers, suppliers, and regulatory agencies.
Responsibilities of the Incumbent:
- Surveys supplier facilities, audits supplier;s quality programs, maintains an approved supplier listing, provides suppliers with source inspection services, and creates a disposition of supplier nonconforming articles
- Receives inspection functions, including historical record files, non-conformities and disposition records, materials certifications and traceability, first article inspection records, verifications of materials and parts processing, calibration and maintenance of measuring devices and instruments used for product acceptance
- Assembly and test inspection functions including verification of traceability records, use of proper tools for assembly, testing in conformance with approved procedures, maintenance of test records, disposition of customer returned units and associated records, coordination of customer quality representatives and production scheduling, and liaison with government quality assurance representatives
- Takes cause and corrective action to preclude recurrence of non-conformities, both in-house and purchased suppliers and services
- Review customer specifications and standards, providing comments and recommendation concerning the compliance and deviations to the contract department
- Reviews all engineering drawings, manufacturing and assembly outlines, and purchase orders to insure the inclusions or requirements affecting the quality of the products
- Is the Management Representative (MR) for AS9100 who, irrespective of other responsibilities, shall have responsibility and authority that includes:
- Ensuring that processes needed for the quality management system are established, implemented and maintained
- Reporting to top management on the performance of the quality management system and any need for improvement
- Ensuring the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout Skylock Industries, Inc.
- Organizational freedom and unrestricted access to Top Management to resolve quality management issues
The major challenge of this position is to timely plan and execute a quality program consistent with production scheduling, customer constraints, and the delivery of quality products.
Performance measured by:
- Acceptance of the product by the customer and regulatory agency
- Promotes quality product thinking in operating departments such as manufacturing, purchasing and contracts
- establishes methods, such as SPC for appraisal and quick response of potential deterioration of product quality
- Represents the company in quality activities and decisions requiring interfacing with customers or regulatory agencies
- Advises the President on production or financial decision affecting the quality of the product or program
Education and/or Experience: 4 years College in the appropriate field or at least 10 years at QC Manager experience