Staff Accountant - FTSun City Summerlin
Staff Accountant - FT
The Staff Accountants, for Sun City Summerlin Community Association Inc. must have a
strong accounting background with the education and experience necessary to fulfill a wide range
of accounting tasks in a timely and accurate manner. This position will assist the Accounting
Manager with the financial and accounting matters relating to SCSCAI.
Description of Duties:
Learn tasks as performed by other staff in the accounting department and serve as a
backup, including accounts payable, payroll and accounts receivable.
• Assist with the preparation a wide range of month-end closing journal entries, including the
reconciliation and account analysis.
• Assist with maintaining and updating fixed assets and depreciation on a monthly basis.
• Assist with annual Clark County personal property declarations.
• Assist with the filing of various taxes (Sales Tax), and Business license renewals.
• Assist with the preparation of documents as requested by our independent auditors as
directed by the Accounting Manager.
• Assist with compiling accounting information to be used by the insurance agency in
aquiring annual bids.
• May attend and/or participate with the Finance Committee, Investment Committee and
Insurance Committee including assisting as recording secretary.
• Ensure excellent customer service to the Association residents.
• Additional duties relevant to this position and as assigned by the Accounting Manager.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of Federal and Nevada State tax laws
• Working knowledge of Clark County Personal Property and Real Estate taxes
• Experienced in GAAP-Generally Accepted Accounting Principals
• Understanding of fund accounting
• Advanced accounting skills, including but not limited to a strong understanding of the
general ledger, accounts payable.
• Working knowledge of banking
• Advanced computer knowledge in EXCEL (test required) and Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge of Paylocity, Jonas and Sage Fixed Asset software are a plus
• Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Problem solving and analytical skills
• Team player
• Ability to work autonomously, within the limits of the job scope
• Ability to use machines and equipment typically found in today’s office environment.
• Ability to work across many departments with staff that have varying levels of accounting
knowledge to solve problems and achieve results
• Motivated to perform all tasks efficently and with accuracy
• Ability to give and receive written, oral and visual instruction and communication
• Ability to enforce and apply safe work practices
• Good decision making skills with judgement and ability to maintain confidentiality
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements:
• Associates degree in Accounting/Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Five years relevant work experience in related field of accounting-HOA experience a plus
• Three years of performing mid level accounting tasks
• Valid Driver’s License to operate any company vehicle (and minimum state required auto
insurance on personal vehicle)
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Physical Demands: Walking, sitting, bending and standing for prolonged periods. Lifting up
to 35 pounds. Sufficient strength and stamina to ensure a productive work environment.
• Work Environment: Risks and discomfort typical of an office/meeting environment with
exposure to hot or cold temperatures and light noise exposure. Requires performing job functions
in compliance with all SCSCAI policies including applying all SCSCAI safety and procedures.
Deadline: Open until filled
Salary: Commensurate w/experience, position includes an excellent benefits package.
To Apply: Include Cover Letter stating interest and salary history, Resume and 3 Professional
References. Include completed application for employment:
E-mail to: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to: (702) 360-0428
Mail or hand deliver in person (Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4:30 pm) to:
Sun City Summerlin, Attn: Director of Human Resources,
9107 Del Webb Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV, 89134
SCSCAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer