Administrative Specialist OAE West Coast Syracuse University Advancement and External Affairs Los Angeles, CA
Administrative Specialist OAE West Coast – Syracuse University – Advancement and External Affairs Los Angeles, CA
This position is responsible for performing a variety of professional and administrative duties that facilitate the day-to-day operations and event implementation for the Advancement and External Affairs West Coast Office. Based in Los Angeles, the Administrative Specialist assists in the planning and organizing of special events for the department and supports building operations. He/she serves as the primary administrative support person for the assistant vice president and supports the regional director of development and assistant director of career services, as needed. He/she is responsible for coordinating West Coast social media postings and website content and is the liaison to external inquiries and constituents, as well as campus-based units and departments. This position supervises and manages part-time/temporary employees. The position supports engagement activities that the University hosts in the region as well as events on campus in Syracuse, NY. This role requires some travel in the region and work outside of standard business hours to support programs.
- Maintain accurate files relating to engagement activities including, but not limited to; RSVP lists; donor information, event evaluations and follow up measures with West Coast activities. Report results of all interactions, engagement and gifts efforts in the Citrus database including, but not limited to; generate engagement activity reports and system contact reports; coordinate and ensure the accuracy of data entry and maintenance of donor records, and interactions.
- Perform/coordinate alumni data searches and retrievals to ensure comprehensive invitation lists for events.
- Support the coordination of projects and initiatives related to the institution’s regional presence on the West Coast.
- Maintain assistant vice president’s calendar and support them in the development and implementation of alumni engagement programs.
- Assist the regional development director in scheduling donor meetings and regional council meetings.
- Provide support for the assistant director of career services, as needed. Schedule, supervise and manage part time, temporary employees.
- Communicate with internal and external constituents in person, by telephone or via email and coordinate programming needs with event venues, caterers, and vendors.
- Oversee budget and related expenses.
- Serve as liaison to campus administrative offices including: Advancement and External Affairs Budget office, Purchasing, Payroll, Human Resources, Disbursements, Comptroller.
- Prepare and submit all financial reimbursements, reconcile employee travel expense reports and credit cards, and maintain supply inventory for office staff.
- Initiate, plan and coordinate West Cost social media posts for alumni activities; and build engagement via Twitter; Instagram and other communication platforms.
- Review and edit marketing and promotional literature/items. Update and maintain the Syracuse University West Coast Office website, including monthly Alumni Spotlights, links, invitations, etc.
- Liaise with campus Technical Systems and Services and marketing staff to create and upload invitations for events.
- Maintain photo galleries; upload and edit photos for website; social network sites.
- Support the administrative needs that ensure seamless office operations, as needed.
- Duties may include providing in-person reception desk coverage, serving initial point of contact for in-person visitors, calls and correspondence, keeping the electronic master calendar of office/classroom use up to date, Liaising with building management; outside contractors; office maintenance; security/building access systems.
Bachelor’s Degree required. Excellent customer relations skills. Proficiency with HTML and content development strategies that support digital communication needs, including website and social media. Must have a valid driver’s license. Must have a valid enhanced driver’s license for required travel.
For a full detailed job description and online application instructions, go to www.sujobopps.com, (#039053). Cover Letter, Resume and List of Professional references must be attached. Review of applications begins immediately and the search will remain open until the position is filled. Syracuse University is an AA/EOE.