Digital ModelerTechnicon Design Corporation
Technicon Design is looking for a Digital Modeler with a strong foundation of traditional artistic skills and a deep understanding of modern transportation design.
The Digital Modeler will work in a studio-based environment in the automotive industry developing and styling new vehicle concepts for manufacturing. Designers work closely with teams across multiple disciplines.
(Engineers, Modelers, Marketing Specialists) and must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of employees.
The Digital Modeler will have a strong background in design, include sketching, rendering, tape drawings, and basic modeling, with the ability to bring pen and paper sketches to a digital format through Computer-Aided Design systems, such as Autodesk Alias.
- Generation of Alias surface models according to designer specifications such as sketches, renderings, concept designs or scan data.
- Development of surface data according to package information and technical specifications in accordance with the given quality standards.
- Close collaboration with technical experts when modeling surfaces to incorporate the given specifications.
- Generation and verification of a ready surface model for release.
- Generation of meaningful renderings to judge and present the data models.
- Use of Alias Tools to carry out real-time visualization and quality control of the generated data models.
- Knowledge in Autodesk Alias surfacing processes from concept work up to class A surface release.
- Knowledge in the systems MS Office and Photoshop is also advantageous.
- Ability to work and communicate well within mixed and international teams.
- Must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in design, supplemented with intensive training in Alias.
Please include a resume/CV and portfolio with your application.